Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Happy 9th Anniversary, SHINee!

This year, we are celebrating the 9 beautiful years of Onew, Jonghyun, Minho, Key and Taemin as SHINee. At one point, I just can't believe that they have reached the age of 9. But at the same time, I realize I have also been hanging out with my junior high friends for almost 11 years already. I remembered being in the second grade of junior high and I was fangirling over SHINee's "Love Like Oxygen" with a couple of my friends. I am not exaggerating when I said that I literally grew up with SHINee. 

Just like the previous years, I would like to send out my birthday greetings and wishes for the five men who have made my life more colorful. First of all, I am so so proud of SHINee who still stand tall with the original members. No member change, no one leaves, and I truly madly deeply hope that this will last for forever.


I definitely have to thank SM Entertainment for giving each one of them the chance to shine as an individual artist as well as the creativity to mature as a group. For some people, if you watched their interviews or their appearance in the variety shows, you might think that their relationship or very business-y. But I also like to think that it was one of the reasons they can stay together for so long.


The five of them really respect and support each other. When they are doing solo activities, I did not see them being jealous. Instead, they are each other's number one fan, which some times turn out to be hilarious. And as SHINee, they are complementing each other's talent, skill, and energy. They challenge themselves to try new kind of music, new style and they selflessly put aside their ego to create a harmony which is SHINee itself.

Frankly speaking, I am so happy how SM is now becoming more open with solo activities and collaboration for the artist. It is not something that all the artists could get back in the old days. And I have to say that SHINee members might have the privilege because of it. Like Jonghyun and Taemin, they can both do the kind of music they wanted to do themselves. Onew can appear in more variety shows, Key and Minho can do more acting. And I am so grateful for that.


Now, just like the 8th anniversary greeting, I will send my wishes and thoughts to each of the members.

Onew, our sweet leader, I do not think it will be fair enough to talk about you without talking about your infamous aegyo. I knew SHINee is not the type of idol who likes to throw aegyo, but Onew it was just your (un)lucky day. I am still low-key waiting for you to release the jam and bread song, and I understood when you said that you are not ready to go and release a solo single / album yet. But thank you for your soothing voice in both "Lullaby" and "Starry Night" which is just perfect.

Also, I really love "Age of Youth" season 1 so I was really really hoping that you would take on the role in the season 2! And since you are in a lot of cooking variety shows, I started thinking that you might be doing something like Sung Si Kyung's "What Shall We Eat Today?" in the future, hehe.

Jonghyun, our emotional and skillful artist. I never doubted you, ever. Your "Inspiration" is indeed an inspiration. Also, congratulations on your new album! I was so happy with "Story Op. 2" and all the beautiful songs you have written, composed, and produced. That song "Elevator" still send me chills every time I hear it.

I knew it was really hard for you to step down from your precious "Blue Night", but I hope you can rest up a bit, and shift your focus on new things or perhaps an old idea that has been sitting for so long. I heard about the extensive amount of your solo concerts. It ain't gonna be easy, but I know you are a great performer. 

Key, the firecracker, can we start by saying how adorable is this project of you and Irene? You two are too adorable with that matching pink hair especially! You have always had a unique sense of fashion and I am so proud that you can explore it more with this collaboration. Also, I just learned the fact that you are promoted as SM's fashion director and has been designing outfit for SHINee World Concert. Whoa!

This year, you have risen as a prominent actor. I have not watched your performance in "Drinking Solo" yet, but I have heard good reviews about you. And now, good luck for your new drama "Lookout". I am not sure if I am going to watch it since it is a thriller. But you know that I will keep supporting you no matter what!

Minho, still my favorite oppa with his undeniable charm, hilarious laugh and competitive spirit. We got to see another side of you through this variety show and still falling head over heels. I have not been a big fan of actor Minho, and I do not really watch historical drama, but I am glad you have wrapped up "Hwarang" nicely. I am also looking forward to watch your movies and I hope you have become much more improved than before, hehe.

Taemin, the too honest maknae, you have exceeded people's expectation about you. Just because you are the youngest, doesn't mean that you are not capable. In fact, you have achieved so much. You came back with a solo album and now even a solo concert. I am so proud that you are getting more popular in Japan.


Speaking of which, I know I have not been your following Japan album that much. I don't know probably because I just get too comfortable with your Korean songs. But I will forever support SHINee whatever songs in whatever language you release. This past year, you break it through by going back to the 90's for your concept. I am hoping that you can always challenge yourselves creatively and come up with more amazing concert.

If anything, I really really regret that I did not go to the SHINee World V in Jakarta last November. I remember being so teary-eyed when the concert is announced a month prior to the D-day. I remember the promised that Onew has said when he could not make it to the SHINee World III. I was so touched that he would actually fulfill the promise. I was already trying all the giveaways. I was already in the venue. But alas, I could not make it this year. I am still very heart-broken. But I know we will eventually meet again. *finger-crossed*

Also, I am so looking forward to seeing all 5 of you in a variety show because it is just drop dead hilarious! Just like when you went to "Happy Together", "Weekly Idol" and also "Knowing Brothers". I am just here praying that you will go to "I Can See Your Voice" or even having your own variety show again! 

Last but not least, thank you so much for this amazing 9 years. I was, am and will always be proud to call myself a SHINee World. Thank you for always cheering me up when I am down with your music, your personality, your antics, your performance, everything. I am looking forward to spend many many years ahead with you guys. And I seriously can't imagine SHINee disbanding, ever. If there is any group that I can proudly say would last so long, that would be SHINee ((and SHINHWA)).

With that said, Happy 9th Anniversary, SHINee!

See my past greetings on the 8th year and 7th year respectively,

No comments:

Post a Comment